University Core Curriculum
Required Credits (Excluding those completed as part of the major): 25
Bachelor of Music students complete a modified University Core Curriculum:
Rather than completing one course in each of University Core Curriculum Areas 2A, 2C, 3A and 3B, Bachelor of Music students take two (2) courses from any of these areas. The two (2) courses must be from two (2) different disciplines and cannot be music courses. In addition, Bachelor of Music students take on only one (1) course from University Core Curriculum Area 3C, Ways of Knowing; Social and Behavioral Sciences.
Four (4) University Core Curriculum course are specified by the major:
- UCC Area 1, Personal Well Being: FINP 1600
- UCC Area 2B, Expression; Writing: ENG 1100
- UCC Area 3C, Ways of Knowing; Social and Behavioral Sciences: ECON 2010
- UCC Area 3D, Ways of Knowing; Quantitative Thinking: MATH 1170
Two (2) University Core Curriculum requirements are completed as part of the major:
- UCC Area 4, Diversity and Justice: MUSI 3180
- UCC Area 5, Community and Civic Engagement: MUSI 4400
Click here for all University Core Curriculum requirements and courses .
Writing Intensive Requirement
Required Courses: 4
One (1) Writing Intensive course is complete for University Core Requirement Area 2B: ENG 1100
One (1) Writing Intensive course is completed as part of the major requirements: MUSI 3180
Two (2) additional Writing Intensive courses are required for graduation.
Writing Intensive requirement and courses.